Movie soundtrack for your life. The rules:
1. Put your music player of choice on shuffle
2. Scene one = first song played, scene two = second, so on.
3. No cheating/skipping
4. Pass it on
(Okay, so I cheated a few times.)Some of those fit extraordinarily well and I didn't even cheat on them.
- opening credits: The Ark- One of Us Is Gonna Die Young (awesome!)
- waking up: The New Pornographers- These Are the Fables
- an ordinary day: Spoon- My Mathematical Mind
- the first date: The Moffatts- Raining In My Mind (oh my god. I laughed out loud when this song came on)
- falling in love: Now It's Overheard- The Book of Love the book of love is long and boring/no one can lift the damn thing/it's full of charts and facts and figures and instructions for dancing (a million times better than the Peter Gabriel cover)
- the rumble: The Stills- In the Beginning this story ends/in bloodshed (but rest of the lyrics don't really fit at all, hah)
- the break-up: Neko Case- Set Out Running and if I knew heartbreak was coming/I would've set out running/cause I just can't shake this feeling)that I'm nothing in your eyes
- getting back together: Jenny Lewis- Happy cause i can't remember why i hated you/can't remember why i still do/but i'm a sure as the moon rolls around you/that i could be happy
- life's okay: The Shins- Fighting in a Sack
- the mental breakdown: Rufus Wainwright- Shadows finally/feel the world around me/fighting through/fighting through the whiskey (that would be one funky breakdown. and yet the lyrics work surprisingly well)
- cruising: David Bowie- Soul Love
- the flashback: Hawksley Workman- Autumn's Here I guess that autumn/gets you remembering/and the smallest things/just make you cry
- the frat party: Death From Above 1979- Blood On Our Hands
- everybody dance now: Thunderbirds Are Now!- This World is Made of Paper (a rather danceable song)
- regretting: Leonard Cohen- The Sisters of Mercy
- the long night alone: Regina Spektor- Field Below i wish i'd see your face below/i wish i'd hear you whispering low/but you don't live downtown no more/and everything must come and go
- a death: Yma Sumac- Tumpa (Earthquake) That would be one fucked up death scene. I wish I had this on my computer so I could post it.
- end credits: Odetta- I've Been Driving On Bald Mountain
There is going to be a new season of Project Runway this summer and I'm excited. Bravo is pretty great with reality shows. I really got in to Top Chef towards the end, too. I was glad Harold won; he was adorable. And, you know, a good chef or whatever. But anyway, I still prefer PR because I know more about fashion than I do about food. Plus the contestants are more entertaining. I'm just happy I'll have something to look forward to watching in the summer. Yay!